Harris, Greene LLP is committed to maintaining client confidentiality. Generally, our privacy practices are as follows:
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
Much of the nonpublic financial information about you that we obtain is provided by you or is obtained by us with your authorization for the purpose of preparing your income tax returns as well as providing tax planning and consulting services. Such information is collected from you in written form, by phone, by fax, by e-mail, by online access, by mail, by direct discussions and phone conferences with you and by information we collect from others with your authorization.
TRANSACTION INFORMATION: This is information about your transactions with us and includes information necessary for billing and payment for our income tax return preparation, tax planning and consulting services as well as correspondence between you and us. Transaction information would also include your payment history with us, billing records and any collection effort engaged in by us for payment of services rendered to you.
PARTIES TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION:
We do not disclose any nonpublic financial information about our existing clients and former clients to third parties except as permitted by law, as permitted by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and applicable state societies or State Boards of Accountancy of Certified Public Accountants. Nonpublic financial information about our existing clients and former clients may be disclosed to third parties as follows:
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
- In the course of a review of our firm’s practices under authorization of the California Board of Accountancy or other state boards of accountancy.
- To initiate a complaint or to respond to an inquiry involving the AICPA, an applicable State Board of Accountancy or another state society.
- To participate in actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue or defend against a lawsuit. We will take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
- To provide information to third parties who perform services or functions for our firm.
- To disclose information to third parties with your specific consent under Internal Revenue Code Section 7216 and applicable AICPA guidelines.
FIRM CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF NONPUBLIC FINANCIAL INFORMATION
Our firm has a strict confidentiality policy with our employees. Their compliance with the confidentiality policy includes the responsibility to respect the highest level of privacy for our existing clients and former clients. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic financial information.
NO RENDERING OF ADVICE
The information contained within our firm’s website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting or tax advice from a professional accountant/advisor.
Presentation of the information via the Internet is not intended to create and constitute an accountant-client relationship. Internet subscribers, users and online readers are advised not to act upon this information without seeking the service of a professional accountant/advisor.
Any U.S. federal tax advice contained in our firm’s website is not intended to be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties under U.S. federal tax law.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
While we use reasonable efforts to furnish accurate and up-to-date information, we do not warrant that any information contained in our firm’s website is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of our firm’s website or such other materials or communications.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Our firm’s website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of our firm’s website is at your own risk. We disclaim all warranties. We shall not be liable for any damages of any kind with the use of our firm’s website.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
For your convenience, our firm’s website may contain hyperlinks to websites and servers maintained by third parties. We do not control, evaluate, endorse or guarantee content found in those sites. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products, services and content of these sites or the parties that operate them. Your use of such sites is entirely at your own risk.